TWICE/ASK is one of the providers we use to book video conferences for the classroom, notably author talks. We have provided a suggested author talk guide on the EdTech website, but for those wishing to explore other options the instructions are as follows:
- Go to Twice.cc (You do not need to join or create an account to search.)
- Choose “Videoconference Programs” and then the “Video Trip Database”. Note: The collaborations option is to collaborate with other teachers. There are other groups (Google+) that offer similar options as well.
- Choose your region (ours is Michigan) then choose “Search Programs”.
- Search for a program. Note: You may wish to search by program description or keyword; if you know the title you can also search by Program Title.
- Evaluate the search results. Briefs include program name, provider name, suggested grade level, and brief description.
- Click on a program to learn more. Depending on the information available you can see program overviews, possible curriculum standards, program length, suggested class size and more.
- After choosing a conference you would like to request, go to our EdTech website to fill out the Google Form Video Conference Request. The Technology Interventionists will contact you if you request can be filled.
You can also view this example of the steps above: