What can an Instructional Technology Coach do?
The Instructional Technology Coaches (Technology Interventionists) specialize in assisting with the use and integration of technology in the classroom. As a team, we all have experience in education and also have varied interests in technology. If you have an idea you would like to try in your class, let us know! We may have a solution or idea to help you proceed.
While we are very good with troubleshooting problems with technology, the technicians are still the go-to people for repairing technology that is not working. We are always open to coming to your classroom to work with your needs and your equipment. You can reach us by email or at extension 2079.
What we can assist with...
- Provide professional development to teachers including groups, one-on-one and classroom modeling
- Assist with integrating technology into the classroom curriculum
- Assist with ways to enhance instruction using technology
- Share ideas and new ways to use technology
- Inform teachers of available technology
- Offer individualized training to meet your needs
What we are not ...
- Hardware/Software Technicians
- Technology Maintenance Technicians
- The technicians can be contacted via HelpDesk Ticket or Phone (x2077)
Meet your Instructional Technology Coaches!
You may have seen us in the halls before
(Feel free to say hello if you see us!)
I have been working in Wayne-Westland Community Schools since 2013. I have worked in education for the last 10+ years as a substitute teacher, high school media aide, and here as a Technology Interventionist. Prior to going into education, I worked for 10 years in the zoological field at both the John G. Shedd Aquarium and the Detroit Zoo.
Technology Favorites: Google Apps (especially spreadsheets!), tablets, and a bit of everything (I dabble!)
Contact Me: firstname.lastname@example.org
I started in Wayne-Westland as a Social Studies student teacher, graduated with my degree, and then returned as a substitute teacher. At the end of the 2015-2016 school year, I went out of my comfort zone and taught computers which I found I really enjoyed. Now I enjoy encouraging teachers and students to become digital explorers!
Technology Favorites: Virtual field trips, Digital Maps, Breakout Games, Student-Driven Learning!
Contact Me: email@example.com