We have mentioned how to update a Chrome browser before (see the bottom section of our “Google Account/Device Quick Fixes” post) but it’s a little different updating a Chromebook. Updating a Chrome browser can sometimes fix connection issues between the browser and a website, so it is worth knowing and generally only takes a few minutes to complete.
Updating the Chromebook browser
- Sign into the Chromebook.
- Click on the clock (usually in the bottom right) and click the Settings gear icon.
- In the left menu, choose “About Chrome”
- Click “Check for Updates”; you will see one of two options:
- “Your Chrome is up to date” – the Chromebook has the current update and nothing else needs to be done. Close the Settings.
- “Checking for updates” – Usually this will prompt the Chromebook to start downloading the current version. You may have to restart the browser or the Chromebook to activate the update.